Areas of policy focus for the NH Council on Developmental Disabilities.
Children and Special Education
The Council is dedicated to addressing barriers to equitable and inclusive education and meaningful transition services that incorporate internships and work experience opportunities including but not limited to:
- Funding for early supports and services
- Special Education Advisory Committees
- Related bills including addressing restraint and seclusion
- Federal policy including Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
The Council is dedicated to addressing barriers to equitable access to health and wellness care for people with disabilities throughout their lifespan, including but not limited to:
- Preventative and emergency oral health care
- Mental health
- Medicaid Managed care
The Council is dedicated to addressing barriers to competitive integrated community-based employment.
The Council is dedicated to addressing barriers to quality home and community based services including housing, transportation, and infrastructure.
Direct Support Workforce
The Council is dedicated to addressing the current direct support services workforce crisis. The Council supports quality training, living wages, and professional growth opportunities.