The Council recruits and interviews potential members and makes recommendations to the Governor for appointment to three-year terms.
Roughly one-third of our members are people with developmental disabilities and one-third are parents or guardians of people with developmental disabilities. The others represent agencies required by state and federal law. When recruiting potential members, the Council seeks those who are committed to working to improve the lives of all people with developmental disabilities statewide. We strive for membership that is diverse and representative of the state. We have four engaging committees to get you involved:
- Policy – Keeps the Council updated on laws and policies that affect people with developmental disabilities and their families. Helps the Council develop its official position on any changes.
- Member Relations – Helps Council members to remain active and engaged and recruits new members.
- Finance – Monitors the Council’s budget to make sure it aligns with the five-year plan.
- Program and Planning – Advises the Council on the Small Grant Program and approves applications.
- Council Membership Application
- A Few Things To Know About Membership
- Online Course: General Member Council Training – Part I - ITACC (itacchelp.org)
- Online Course: General Council Member Training – Part 2 - ITACC (itacchelp.org)
- Tim Houle, Council Chair
- Jean Crouch, Council Vice-Chair, Member Relations Committee Chair
Health & Human Services Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services
- Alyssa Antman
- Suzanne Austin
Center for Life Management
- Abigail Conger
Bureau of Developmental Services
- Denis Greenwood
- Martha Hickey
- Nicole Mello
- Tammy Mills
- Stephanie Patrick
Disability Rights Center, NH
- Danielle Pelletier
Department of Education
Bureau of Special Education
- Michele Petersen
New Boston, NH
- James Piet, Finance Committee Chair
NH Dept. of Education
Adult Learning & Rehab (VR)
- Jennifer Pineo, Program and Planning Committee Chair
NH Family Voices
- Patricia Vincent-Piet
- Sarah Sadowski, Policy Committee Chair
Institute on Disability
- Arielle Van de Water
- Frank Vinceguerra
- Alexis Wayland
Private Provider Network