The Council recruits and interviews potential members and makes recommendations to the Governor for appointment to three-year terms.
Roughly one-third of our members are people with developmental disabilities and one-third are parents or guardians of people with developmental disabilities. The others represent agencies required by state and federal law. When recruiting potential members, the Council seeks those who are committed to working to improve the lives of all people with developmental disabilities statewide. We strive for membership that is diverse and representative of the state. Council members are required to attend full Council meetings, currently from 1:00 – 3:00 PM on the second Thursday of every other month, and expected to participate in committee work. We have four engaging committees to get you involved:
- Policy – Keeps the Council updated on laws and policies that affect people with developmental disabilities and their families. Helps the Council develop its official position on any changes.
- Member Relations – Helps Council members to remain active and engaged and recruits new members.
- Finance – Monitors the Council’s budget to make sure it aligns with the five-year plan.
- Program and Planning – Advises the Council on the Small Grant Program and approves applications.
- James Piet, Council Chair, Finance Committee Chair
NH Dept. of Education
Adult Learning & Rehab (VR)
- Forrest Beaudoin-Friede
- Danielle Pelletier
Department of Education
Bureau of Special Education
- Jean Crouch, Member Relations Committee Chair
Health & Human Services
Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services
- Carrie Duran, Policy Committee Vice-Chair
- Krista Gilbert, Workforce Workgroup Vice-Chair
- Sara Gray, LGBTQ+ Advocacy Chair
- Denis Greenwood
- Tim Houle, Vice-Chair
- Joshua Madison
- Sarah Menard, Workforce Workgroup Chair
- Tammy Mills
- Deborah Opramolla
- Stephanie Patrick
Disability Rights Center
- Jennifer Pineo, Program and Planning Committee Chair
NH Family Voices
- Mary Schuh, Information Access for All Workgroup Chair
UNH Inst. on Disability (IOD)
- Nate Webb
- Frank Vinceguerra
- Michael Phillips
- Michele Petersen
New Boston, NH